Often customers ask questions
"What platform do you write the site with?"
"Do you write on WordPress?"
"If you have your platform I will be forever attached to it"
«Why is your CMS better?»
"Someone`s told me .."
It`s understandable! Let`s try to give you answers and express our opinion on why and for what we use our platform.
And also why we don`t modify/fix/promote/improve WordPress websites, etc.
It seems that there is an opportunity to create a site of high quality using the so-called CMS. The most popular of them are Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal, Bitrix, and others. Their names are known for anyone who is involved in web development or promotion. It seemed great, can you make a website fast and for free? Joomla does everything for us, and it`s free!
What are the pros and cons of ready to use free CMS?
Pros - free, fast, easy. But that`s at the beginning and if you choose the standard variant.
- Hard extra code. Trying to please everyone, versatility has caused a cumbersome code that raises several problems.
- System requirements. They are high in Joomla or Wordpress. We need large amounts of storage (compared to our platform) for the site to run fast. Performance is now important both for the user and Google. If the resource is going to be promoted, an additional fee is required to cover this deficiency.
- Security is below zero. Since CMS are popular and their code is opened, millions of people know the architecture and weaknesses. Every day appear articles on the Internet how to crack a website on a Joomla or WordPress. And for this kind of hack, you don`t even need to be a programmer, you just need to be able to use search.
- Promotion problems. Since search engines see what the website is written on, they take it not seriously. The internal structure of such CMS is not optimized. For example, for a jumble, multiple copies of a page are created, and duplicates are bad. Slow work. Typical code - in the conditions of competition and limited promotion budgets, not everyone is ready to pay extra for dealing with this nonsense.
- Customization problems. One of the benefits of free CMS is the speed of development if the task is typical. If something is not quite typical, there are several problems. A lot of plugins, which are doubtfully written - we do not recommend to use ( as well as the Wordpress).
- The difficulty of administration. Most users are not computer professional users. Therefore, adding sections, products, descriptions can be problematic, especially in a Joomla. In our CMS everything is made as simple and automated as possible.
Why well-visited websites (outlet, big shops, companies, corporations) are written on WordPress and other free CMS?
- Versatility. It`s like all-season wheels, and as a result - neither summer nor winter) No need to talk about efficiency here.
- Standard architecture. The architecture of the blog is different in comparison with the store. Theoretically, using plugins we can make a shop. But with such a nucleus it`s difficult to continue working.
- A lot of modification. There are modules. A lot of them. But not each of them is written properly, and there are no modules that will 100% satisfy the needs of the website. Therefore, it will be necessary to write, rework, and it will take more time and cost than to write from the beginning.
- Problems with completion. It is often necessary to add what is not in the CMS, and sometimes it turns to hell: you need not only to understand how everything works and there are technological limitations, CMS may use outdated technology or not the best for our project. In general, any CMS for a developer is a framework that is very difficult to get out of.
What about our CMS? All disadvantages are taken into account. Of course, writing websites requires programmer knowledge and time. As a consequence, an appropriate and adequate price.
But the output is a great result, successful online presentation, effective promotion, new clients and time-consuming time spent on the disadvantages of the site.
We advise you to read: